What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Answering the telephone, liaising with staff and other volunteers to deal with queries appropriately.
- Helping to book in collections and support drivers in making deliveries to the right locations.
- Supporting with administrative tasks relevant to the help desk.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Ability to use your initiative and work independently||Essential|
|Good time management and competent administration skills with the ability to multi-task||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Confident computer skills||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
What is the time commitment?
We are looking for a volunteer to cover our Thursday afternoon shift, 1-5pm. Preferably weekly, however we will consider volunteers who are able to support once per month.
How will you be supported?
You will be overseen by the Support Services Manager. The Volunteer and Community Coordinator is also available to support you as you volunteer with us.
We are able to cover travel expenses, and you are welcome to join us for a cooked lunch (vegetarian option available).
- Application received and references are requested.
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator.
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift.
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!
If you are interested in the volunteer opportunity, please complete the Friend Of MT Application Form and send to Pascale Westbury (Volunteer and Community Coordinator) at email@example.com.