Help facilitate the running of Soup Run/Friday Food, where guests who may be experiencing homelessness can get a hot three-course meal, practical items like hats, gloves, sleeping bags, and are able to access signposting information for further support.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Interacting with guests, making them feel welcome and identifying where they may need further support.
- Signposting guests towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
- Serving food and drinks to guests.
- Assisting with the set-up and set-down involved, including any washing up and cleaning required.
General Volunteering Duties
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
Volunteers are asked to arrive 5.30pm, and we are usually done by 9pm. We ask that each volunteer commit to a minimum of one Friday per month, and are able to volunteer regularly for a minimum of 6 months.
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!