Help facilitate the running of our community shop, training of our Freedom volunteers on the Retail work stream, and supporting customers, clients and guests as they shop and access the help they need.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting Freedom Volunteers in improving their customer service skills and retail experience.
- Signposting clients towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
- Serving customers at the till and handling money.
- Welcoming and advising clients and customers.
- Ensuring goods are well displayed.
- Assisting with delivery of customer service training and development.
- Liaising with other staff and volunteers regarding furniture deliveries.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Basic numeracy skills||Essential|
|Background in customer-facing roles, retail and/or merchandising||Desirable|
|Experience working on tills and handling money||Desireable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!