Support the delivery of the Job Club, working directly with Freedom Project Volunteers/participants to assist them with all aspects of job search, application and interview preparation.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Attend the Job Club regularly, supporting volunteers/participants with the job search process. This could include support with CV and cover letter writing, job searching on the internet, and mock interview practice.
- Support volunteers/participants with opening a bank account.
- Support with basic computer skills training.
- Give ad-hoc budgeting advice.
- Give information and advice on career paths.
- Where agreed, to give more in-depth, 1-2-1 support to participants who require or request this.
- Identify where volunteers/participants may benefit from additional support and feed this back to the Freedom Project Coordinator.
- Enabling volunteers/participants to do things for themselves rather than taking over and doing things for them.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good time management and competent administration skills with the ability to multi-task||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Confident computer skills||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
What is the time commitment?
We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of a one session per month (Tuesdays or Fridays, 10am-12pm)
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!