Facilitate art lessons and workshops for Freedom volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
• Run art groups with mixed abilities and interests.
• To develop art projects as agreed with the Creative Projects Coordinator and other art support friends.
• Providing support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
• To participate in performances and exhibitions of Freedom Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
• Complete activity sheets for every session and report back to the Creative Projects Coordinator.
• Help to keep the art area clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
• Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
• Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
• Support Freedom Project volunteers and visitors to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for art and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Artistic background and experience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
We require volunteers who are able to commit to Tuesday mornings or afternoons weekly, for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!