Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Support art lessons and workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
|Role Title:||Art Support|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||One session per week, to be agreed|
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support art groups with mixed abilities and interests.
- To develop art projects as agreed with the Creative Projects Coordinator and other art support friends.
- Providing support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To support and participate in performances, exhibitions and events of Freedom Volunteers’ and guests’ work as required.
- Ensure the art area is kept clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for art and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Artistic background and experience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience facilitating art classes||Desirable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
How to apply: Please click the link to fill in our Application form and send back to email@example.com by January 31st. Our volunteering coordinator will be in touch directly to ask you to come in for an interview if shortlisted.