Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To lead and facilitate beginners and intermediate/advanced guitar workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
|Role Title:||Guitar Lead Facilitator|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||One session per week, to be agreed|
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Lead and facilitate beginner’s and intermediate/advanced guitar lessons.
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in performances and events of Mustard Tree participants/Freedom Project Volunteers’ and guests’ work as required.
- Research and organise events alongside Creative Programmes coordinator.
- Ensure the creative programmes areas clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|Experience in leading and facilitating guitar workshops||Essential|
|A passion for music and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Competent guitar player||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Essential|
If this sounds like you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.