Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To lead the facilitation of song club for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
|Role Title:||Song Club Lead Facilitator|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||3 hours per week (13:30 – 16:30 each Friday)|
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Lead and facilitate song club, including preparing song sheets and planning tracks to sing along to.
- Provide accompaniment (guitar, piano or keyboard) for songs.
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in performances and events of Mustard Tree participants/Freedom Project Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
- Ensure the creative programmes areas are clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|Ability to play guitar or piano as an accompaniment to singers||Essential|
|Confident in facilitating a class for a large group of people (15 – 25)||Essential|
|A passion for music and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Enjoys a good singalong – you don’t need to be a perfect singer||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
How to apply: Please click the link to fill in our Application form and send back to email@example.com by January 31st. Our volunteering coordinator will be in touch directly to ask you to come in for an interview if shortlisted.