VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Role Title:||Boxercise Instructor|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||One session per week, to be agreed|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To facilitate Boxercise sessions for Freedom Project volunteers and drop in guests as part of our Health and Wellbeing programme.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Facilitating boxercise sessions for groups of mixed abilities.
- Providing support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- Complete sessional register as agreed.
- Complete provided project plans with clear outcomes for each session and report back to the Creative Projects Coordinator.
- Help to keep the Health and Wellbeing area clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|Relevant knowledge, skills, working experience or qualifications||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
Rosa Simonet – Activities and Volunteering Coordinator