VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Role Title:||Soup Run Chef/Kitchen Support|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||Minimum 1 Friday per month, early arrival|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To support or lead the kitchen at our Soup Run, where guests who may be experiencing homelessness can get a hot three-course meal and are able to access signposting information for further support.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting and occasionally leading the kitchen volunteer team.
- Ensuring all kitchen team are inducted and are in compliance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene guidance.
- Interacting with guests, making them feel welcome and identifying where they may need further support.
- Organising the preparation, cooking and serving of food.
- Organising the set-up and set-down involved, including any washing up and cleaning required.
General Volunteering Duties
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support volunteers and guests to feel part of the community
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good team management skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Ability to cook and cater for large numbers||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|