JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title:||Eccles Retail Coordinator|
|Salary:||£19-£22,000 dependant on experience|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
|Duration:||12 month fixed term contract (with potential to extend to permanent)|
Mustard Tree helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation as well as providing the resources needed to create a home. Our focus is on tackling both the causes and consequences of poverty and homelessness and our base in Eccles provides a training scheme, retail shop, furniture delivery and collection service and food club with potential to expand.
This role is a real opportunity to join a dynamic, growing charity and use your skills and values in contributing to a fun-filled environment with an important cause. We welcome applications from people who live in Eccles (or Salford area) and who have experience of the issues we seek to address and/or experience in retail.
As this role is representing Mustard Tree in Eccles, you will be required to be the ‘face of’ Mustard Tree in Eccles and promote a positive view of the charity
This role is responsible for running the Eccles hub and leading the retail and logistics function within the Eccles site. This includes creating an attractive and effective retail environment and overseeing the stock, delivery and collection services.
The role includes training our Volunteers using our Training Manuals and supporting our service users to develop work-ready skills, as well as scheduling rotas of volunteers.
The role will involve some lone working, supported by volunteers and could potentially develop into managing other staff members in delivering wider support services and creative projects.
What you will be doing: Job Description
- Running the Community Charity shop in Eccles and contributing to a team who will provide cover for other sites in Little Hulton and Ancoats, Manchester
- Train volunteers to develop ‘work ready’ skills, retail skills (using our training manuals) and behaviours i.e. confidence, punctuality, time management, communication and teamwork
- Handling cash and performing bank runs, including using the till and cashing up
- Sort and process all donations including pricing of items for sale
- Managing the organisation of stock in the store and the logistics of deliveries and collections
- Managing and developing the food provision services including Food Bank and Food Club
- Maintain a positive customer experience with all personnel offering high standards of service
- Ensure the shop is fully stocked and maintain shop displays adhering to safety regulations
- Work alongside the Freedom Project Team to promote and maintain welfare of volunteers, escalating any safeguarding concerns to the Safeguarding lead
- Supporting the Induction and Graduation events of volunteers
- Work closely with teams across other sites to ensure efficient and supportive practices.
- Overseeing and working within health & safety guidelines and security policies and procedures
- Managing referrals and making appropriate decisions on provision including overseeing the helpdesk and online enquires
- Appropriate recording of information and administration including reporting
- Supporting other staff and departments as required and providing relief cover for other hubs
- Take responsibility for personal and professional development, attending training courses.
General Work duties:
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures. Keeping your line manager informed of concerns.
- Supporting other staff and departments and providing practical relief cover for workstreams.
- Take responsibility for professional development, attending training courses as required.
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required.
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day to day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices.
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation.
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|2 years’ experience in retail, preferably in a leadership position||Desirable|
|Experience in cash handling processes and till/CRM systems||Essential|
|Experience in building teams, organising rotas and leading work activity||Desirable|
|Experience in working independently as well as part of a team||Essential|
|Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships||Essential|
|Good verbal and written communication skills||Essential|
|Experience of working with and/or supporting volunteers and experience of working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Flexible and can-do attitude, self-motivated and enthusiastic approach||Essential|
|Knowledge of health and safety regulations and food hygiene||Desirable|
|Effective time management and organisation skills||Essential|
How to Apply
To apply please send the following to email@example.com
- A letter stating how you meet each point of the Person specification
- A copy of your CV
Deadline for applications: Monday 10th June 2019
Interviews: 17th /18th June 2019