Support art lessons and workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
|Role Title:||Art Support|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||One session per week, to be agreed|
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support art groups with mixed abilities and interests.
- To develop art projects as agreed with the Creative Projects Coordinator and other art support friends.
- Providing support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To support and participate in performances, exhibitions and events of Freedom Volunteers’ and guests’ work as required.
- Ensure the art area is kept clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for art and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Artistic background and experience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience facilitating art classes||Desirable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
If this sounds like you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 23rd July, with inductions taking place week commencing 29th July.