What your donation can make possible
- £1600 pays for an individual to participate and graduate from our life transforming Freedom Project
- £150 keeps a van running to pick up donations and deliver furniture for 1 week
- £100 allows us to equip a single person’s home with furniture
- £50 allows us to donate a fridge to someone in need
- £20 pays for a food parcel to feed a family for 5 days
- £10 pays for a food parcel to feed a hungry person for 5 days
- DONATE NOW
Donate by card or Paypal or set up a direct debit
To give us a one-time donation click the button above, you will be taken to a secure giving site which will take you through the process.
JustGiving currently do not have the facility to set up a direct debit if you have a joint bank account, in which case, please download a regular giving form and email it to email@example.com or post to: Communications Department, Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG. Please note that if you are a UK tax payer, and you sign the ‘gift aid declaration’ part of the regular giving form, Mustard Tree will be able to claim from HMRC an additional 25p for every £1 you donate.
Donate by Text
You can donate via a text message from your mobile phone. Simply send a text saying ‘ROCK13‘ followed by £1, £3, £5 or whatever you are able to afford to the number 70070. For example, sending ‘ROCK13 £5‘ would result in a £5 donation to Mustard Tree. Text messages are free to send on all networks.
Donate by Post
Please only send us a cheque through the post and not cash. Please make cheques out to Mustard Tree and send to Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
Please bring cash donations in person so we can provide you with a receipt at Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
If you would like to donate food, please take a look at our essential food items for what we need. Please bring food donations to Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
Rather than tipping items of household goods and furniture, let us help you and the environment. We are committed to reducing the amount of re-usable goods that are sent to landfill across Greater Manchester and will use items that would otherwise be wasted. If you have good quality clothing, bedding, household items, small electrical items or smaller items of furniture that you would like to donate to us, these can be dropped off at either our Ancoats or Eccles branch between 09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday and between 09:00 – 12:30 on Saturdays. For larger items, please contact us on 0161 228 7331 to arrange a collection. We will make the items you donate available at affordable prices to those in need through our shops in Ancoats and Eccles.
Before you donate please consider the following points:
- Are the items suitable for re-use?
- Any upholstered items must have Fire Protection labels attached that confirm it complies with the 1988 (or more recent) Furniture and Furnishing regulations.
- All items are collected at the discretion of the Mustard Tree driver.
- Please allow 1 weeks’ notice for a collection to be arranged.
What we can take
- Clothing and footwear
- Furniture: wooden, metal and glass items
- Electrical items e.g. washing machines, stereos and microwaves
- Beds and sofas with a fire protection label attached
- Food and toiletries
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets
- Curtains, bedding and sleeping bags
What we can’t take
- Anything broken, dirty, incomplete or unsafe
- Cookers, or items that use gas or contain asbestos
- Display units
- Dining tables without chairs
- Single armchairs/ Recliners
- Televisions without a remote
- Flat packed furniture
- Second hand duvets and pillows
- Second hand underwear
- Sharp knives
Please also note: We now offer a service for house clearances, please call 0161 228 7331 for more details.